August 20, 2008

Do You Feel As If You Do Not Have "Time" To Apply The Law of Attraction?

I only get to see my uncle about once a year because he lives a pretty long distance away.

I wish I could have spent a lot more time with him, especially when I was younger, because my uncle is a master attractor!

I was probably about 10 years old when he came to Thanksgiving dinner one year all excited about this person called Jane Roberts who was able to channel this person named Seth.

I remember thinking: 1. I was terrified and 2. He was out of his head! A lively debate happened over the table that night as he attempted to explain to the adults how Seth worked and the message he was trying to bring.

My uncle had brought a copy of one of the books (I think it was Seth Speaks) and I remember it had a very unflattering picture of Jane Roberts on the cover while she was in mid-trance.

At 10 years old, that really frightened me. Not just the picture of coarse, but the idea that this woman's body was "taken over" by some spirit. Up until that point in my life my parents had taught me that "there was no such things as ghosts" but here was my adult uncle, stating differently.

Year after year my uncle got more into the material (he was REALLY ahead of his time) This was in the mid-70's. I wasn't influenced very much seeing as that I didn't get to see him very often, but would overhear my mother every once in awhile, talk about what new thing my "crazy" uncle was up to. We all affectionately called him our "crazy" uncle - something he always laughed at good naturedly. (If I only knew then, what I know now. I've since apologized to him by the way, for thinking he was looney tunes. He of coarse, accepted graciously)

I was around the age of 20 myself when the Law of Attraction "bug" hit me. I went from a total non-believer to becoming obsessed with the subject. Trying to get my hands on everything I could to find out more. Yes, I even read every Seth book in print.

Anyway I was probably about 22 or 23 when my uncle met me in Manhattan for lunch one day and we were discussing how my spiritual growth was going.

I remember complaining that I loved the concept, the only problem was I didn't "have time" to apply it. My job was crazy, I had been in the middle of a tough relationship, there were money problems, etc. My entire focus was on the craziness of my existence, that I didn't have time to be peaceful, calm, to meditate and to get centered.

My uncle looked at me like I was crazy for a moment, then said very emphatically "It sounds to me like you don't have time not to. Don't you realize that once you do master it, all of those other problems will go away?"

That statement made a big impact on me. Well…duh! It made total sense. I just never had anyone state it so bluntly like that before.

So if you have been feeling as if you don't have "time" to apply the Law in your life because things are so hectic right now…I am going to give you the same advice he gave me.

You don't have time not to.

Find the time to meditate, take the time to read more inspirational books, find a way to do some of the exercises. Once you master it, all of those other "problems" will fade away.

Oh! And in case you were wondering, my uncle is a professional healer and intuit now. He combines physical healing with correct mental thought and even famous actors and professional athletes have a problem getting an appointment with him! He has finally found his "true calling".

Happy Creating!

0 comments: