May 5, 2008

Manifestation Exercise #2 - Prepaving What You Want

The Law of Attraction is the Law of the Universe that states that what you think about and focus on is what you bring into your life to experience.

While most people understand the concept of thinking positively of things they want to create down the line such as a great relationship, more money, successful career, dream house etc., they quite often don't realize how powerful thinking, or pre-paving, if you will, can be used on a moment to moment basis to make their daily lives flow more effortlessly.

Too often they let subconscious negative thoughts about certain experiences rule their day, and as a result, end up with their days filled with ups and downs like a roller-coaster instead of smoothly like a flowing river.

For instance, do any of these thoughts sound familiar to you?

I hate going to the mall on a Saturday; it's always so crowded and I can never find a parking space.

I can't stand when I have to go to my dentists office; I always have to sit in the waiting room for at least two hours.

I hate going to the bank on my lunch hour; the line is always so long.

I don't know why I shop in this store; they never have what I am looking for.

I have a ton of things to do today; I'll never get them all done.

It's horrible when it rains, my commute to work takes forever and I always get in late.

These are just a few of the thoughts that many people have on a daily basis that makes life far more bumpy than it needs to be.

Be it due to past experiences that they have had, or things they have heard from others, they subconsciously accept these ideas as foregone conclusions and sure enough by their belief in them, their day plays out exactly the way they expected them to. Filled with tension and turmoil.

The important thing to realize is that none of the statements above (or the ones you have yourself) are in fact true. And they do not have to play out the same old tired way. You have the power to create your day as smoothly as you want, you just need to be more aware of what you are thinking about.

This is where pre-paving comes in.

Pre-paving is where you mentally plan out your day to run smoothly as possible. When you step by step see things going easily and effortlessly at even the smallest of tasks.

The first thing you need to do is become aware of the negative thoughts that pop into your head automatically regarding any task you need to take on. In other words if you have an errand you normally believe is a pain in the butt to deal with, you need to take notice of that negative thought.

Then you need to realize that this negative thought is not set in stone, and the experience does not have to play out as it always has in the past. You have the ability to change the experience into anything you want to.

Finally you need to pre-pave what you would like to happen in your mind and know with surety that it will happen exactly that way.

For instance, last Halloween, time got away from me. I usually buy my son's costume about a month in advance because he always seems to be into the "character" of the


year and if I didn't purchase it early enough there was a good chance I wouldn't get it at all.

Sure enough, last year I didn't make it out to get his costume until 2 days before Halloween. He wanted to be Jack Sparrow from The Pirates of The Caribbean and it was the hot costume of the year. When I had mentioned to people that I still hadn't gotten it, they told me to forget about it. There was no way I was going to be able to get it at such a late date.

I had even been about to tell my son to come up with anther idea, when suddenly I realized "Who says it has to be difficult or impossible to find it? I create my own reality. So I choose to create that I find it quite easily. Actually I decide to find it in the first store I look." As I went through the rest of my day at work I just kept envisioning that I would find it effortlessly in the first store that I looked in, even though I wasn't even sure what store I was going to go to.

After work I decided to drive to a Party Place store that went crazy with costumes at Halloween time figuring that was my best bet. On the way there however, I saw a sign advertising that Kmart was having a 40% off Halloween sale and had a sudden urge to turn into their lot. Kmart had not even entered my mind as a costume place option.

Sure enough I found the entire costume there. The costume in the bag in his size; even the wig, hat and sword that was sold separately. And I got it for 40% off! And I only had to travel half the distance! Oh I love those thrill bumps when things like that happen!

Ever since then, I try to remember to pre-pave how I want my day to go on almost a daily basis.

I picture easy and close parking spaces to the stores I need to visit. I picture short lines that move smoothly. I envision smooth working days and commutes to wherever I am going.

It has made an amazing difference in how much calmer I feel all during the day and how much more effective I have become in getting much more done in much less time.

So start pre-paving your day today. Write out or envision exactly how you want your day to go, how you want your day at work to be, how easy you want your commute to be, how easily your errands will be run. How cooperative your kids or spouse are going to be. How effortless your presentation at work; you get the idea.

You will be amazed at how this works. Because the more often you do it, the more often it works. The more often it works, the easier you believe it will work. The more you believe that it will work, the more often you will want to do it.

Start creating the peaceful, easy-going life you crave. By pre-planning it one step at a time.

Happy Creating!

4 comments:

Michaela said...

Thank you. This is wonderful blog. I have been listening to the LOA CDs, reading the books, and now I think it's time to walk the talk and start doing the exercises as 'fun' thing to do. Your blogs are very helpful to me. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! I needed this so badly even though I've just received a huge money settlement I should be happy, but going through very rough times in my marriage the money does not bring happiness. Although I couldn't see an end or light this has really opened me up to a more positive thinking way of being. I will start my day with "What I am Grateful for" it has lightened me.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this article!!! I've been so stressed & tense for the past few yrs which started w/ work and now it's affecting my relationships etc. and started listening to Abraham Hicks and stumbled upon your website while I was searching for articles to read. I've come to realize that I need to change my vibration and feel calm and relaxed no matter the condition and this article really hit the button for what I need to focus on. Please keep posting articles like this! Thanks!

Wayne M. said...

This response is 11 years after this article was written but thanks for this!