June 2, 2008

Fun Manifesting Experiment # 1 - Playing With Time

I have not had to use an alarm clock in over ten years. It is something that I have gotten quite used to over time, but it struck me this morning as I decided to give myself an extra hours sleep, how I just naturally take that for granted.

I normally wake up at about 4:30 in the morning quite naturally. While some people might shudder at that, I have come to love it. To me, there is nothing more peaceful than enjoying the silence of the early morning before the rest of the world (or at least my neighborhood) comes alive. Besides I am definitely a “morning person” and find I get more done in the first morning hours than most people do by their afternoon.

I was more tired than usual due to work I did around the house this weekend, so when 4:30 rolled around I decided I wanted an extra hour of sleep. I simply told my higher self to re-wake me at 5:30 and went back under the covers.

Sure enough, at 5:28 I woke up feeling more refreshed than before and said “Thank you“ to Universe as naturally as I would have said it to any person that woke me up at a time I requested.

As I was making my coffee however, I started laughing to myself how strange that would probably seem to other people who have never played with Universe in this way.

What comes to me so naturally now would probably be considered a minor miracle by others. I think back now and remember the little thrill chills I used to feel when Universe started answering my requests so easily, before I learned I could trust it so completely.

My husband has even gotten use to this little “wake up call” I request of Universe. No matter where we are or how late we have gone to bed the night before, I simply ask him what time he wants to wake up and he responds as naturally as if I was about to set the alarm clock by our bed.

So if you want to have a little fun try this experiment. Set your alarm clock as you normally do for the next two weeks, but ask Universe before you go to sleep to wake you 5 or ten minutes earlier.

Simply put your request in and say “O.K. Universe (or Higher Self if you prefer), tomorrow I would like you to wake me up at 5:20 in the morning. Thank you.”


Act as if you were asking a reliable friend or spouse of even giving your request to a wake up service. Believe without a doubt or worry that your wake up call will come through and watch what happens.

If it doesn’t work the first day or two, keep asking and believing. The trick is to not talk yourself out of it.

Don’t say things to yourself like “It will never work, because I am such a heavy sleeper” or “if an alarm clock could barely wake me how is Universe going to do it?” Say it and feel it as if it is a foregone conclusion.

You will be as amazed as I originally was. Then you will probably end up taking it for granted like I do now, which is a good thing.

Proving to yourself over and over that Universe will do whatever you request, just inspires you to ask and believe more -- which is one of the most important things you need to do to make the Law of Attraction work for you.

So, give it a try over the next few days. If you don’t want to wait until tonight or tomorrow morning to do it you can try this experiment today. Try to guess the time without looking at a watch or a clock (another trick I have mastered - I am usually correct within a 2 to 3 minute window.) Simply ask Universe “What time is it?” and wait for the answer to pop into your head. Then go check a watch or a clock. Keep practicing. Eventually you will have the number pop into your head automatically.

Another trick you can try is to ask what time you will arrive somewhere. If you are on your way someplace, ask Universe what time you will arrive there. Be sure to empty your own thoughts before asking. Don’t attempt to analyze the mileage or traffic or any of the things your brain will naturally want to do. Just simply ask the question and see what number pops into your head.

With a little practice, this too becomes very easy. I’ve become such a natural at this, that just for fun when someone asks what time I will be somewhere I will say something like “I will be there at 7:53 pm.” They laugh as if it is a joke -- my being so specific. Most of the time they don’t even think to check what actual time I arrive, but I always do and enjoy my private little joke with Universe when I am again within a 2 to 3 minute window.

So have fun with this. Start proving to yourself that there is indeed more going on in the background and you have far more intuitive powers than you have every given yourself credit for.

Till tomorrow,
Happy Creating!

0 comments: